You'll Come; Flood Into Our Thirsty Hearts Again

I have decided

I have resolved
To wait upon You Lord
My rock and Redeemer
Shield and reward
I'll wait upon You Lord

We are not shaken
We are not moved
We wait upon You Lord
Mighty deliverer
Triumph and truth
We wait upon You Lord


I've been so troubled lately. 
Taken by the world's promises of happiness found in riches, earthly glory, and sin. 
But God reflected the pain of my own struggles in the face of someone I love. 
And I remembered... my worth is given by the promises of The Lord God Almighty. 
He delivered me from the falsities of this world. 
He promises me joy rather than fleeting happiness 
as long as I dwell with in him and allow him to dwell with in me. 


So all of a sudden I'm reminded what it means to wait. 
To be still and know that my God is truth. 
That I am worth it because He is worth this.


I have decided. I have resolved... to wait upon You, Lord.

1 comment: