Quick Thought On A MiniVacation

The other night I had trouble sleeping. At 3 A.M. my eyes were wide open and I notice three things
1. my composition notebook untouched on my bedside table
2. my giant winnie the pooh bear sitting lifelessly in my swivel chair
3. my paper mached van gogh vase resting high on a bookshelf

I wonder how these "things" became things I remember my determination as I flipped through 20 different magazines looking for the perfect letters and shapes to decorate the front of my brand new journal. I remember putting that pooh bear in the walmart shopping cart and my genuine surprise when my daddy actually let him stay there, and be brought home. I remember how nervous I was showing the vase at an art competition, and how joyful i felt when it received a 56/60. So how did these items that at one point held so much wonderful emotion become unnoticed, unthought about "things"?


How did God and our relationship with His Son become just some"thing"? 
something holding us back
something we rely on when sad
something we think about on sundays.
something lonely. something familiar.
We need to yearn for God like we may have in the beginning.

No comments: