Reflecting

I never update this thing. Probably because I have so many letters to write, and diary entries to document, and poems to edit, and school papers to turn in. Notice how school is at the end. I definitely have my priorities straight.
I've decided to update this because someone I know and care for recently told me they didn't know I was a writer. SHOCKING! I know. I wish he knew my high school english teacher, Mrs. Caruthers. She would have hit him over the head with a copy of The Canterbury Tales. It really was interesting to me. Most people don't know I got a full scholarship to Baylor solely because of my essay on abortion. Yes abortion... Well now I know that's one of the most boring topics to write about. Every college professor/admittance officer has read over a thousand of pro/con abortion papers.
But something about mine stuck out and I got a contingent full ride to be a Bear. Contingent because I had to major in English and live in the English learning community or some type of nonsense like that. Frankly I didn't ever really want to go and low and behold, me and God were for once on the same page about my future. But that's a whole nother story. This blog is about reflecting on the past year. This time last year I was not the Sosi I am today. Well... thats a lie. I've been the same person my entire life. Silly, whimsical, ridiculous. But last year this time I was really not enjoying the future. I wanted to transer out of UTSA and start a new life, in which I'd join a sorority and get colored contacts. I was tired of watching the movie Elf by myself in an oversized tee shirt and eating goldfish by the handful. But a year later and I'm loving life. I'm praising God I didn't transfer! So just in case maybe a college freshman ever happens to stumble upon this blog: stick in there! Trust in God and he will give you the desires of your heart!
So this is really boring... I already know. Kudos to you who is still reading. There's goldfish crackers inbetween my keys now so I better clean that up. After I finish washing Elf though... of course. (And yes, I'm definelty rocking the over sized tee shirt.) Just because I'm happier doesnt mean I had to change myself at all. And that reflection is the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't get a full ride to Baylor...

Anonymous said...

She did too. I'm her brother I would know.