Reasons Why I'm not Getting Married

1. I'm pretty much a character in a movie. Or better yet, a cartoon. No one can relate to me because reality doesn't mean much to me. I do what I want whether it's icecream for breakfast or playing the-floor-is-lava at college. No one will ever understand me because... I'm un-understandable.

2. My family is crazy! I have a huge family that is full of stepsiblings and once-removeds. My mom is the sweetest person I know but a lot of my friends are scared of her! And I have daddy-issues. We're all different races and skin tones so no one believes we're family! And none of us really get along. The good thing is that we all do love each other. But who would want to marry into this family? It's confusing!

3. I'm too stubborn. I'll never say I'm sorry for anything. And if my husband says he's sorry I'll see it as a sign of weakness!

4. I don't wanna!!!!!!!!! I used to reallyreallyreally want to get married and have kids. I figured at that moment, my life would start. I made my "future husband" an idol. I thought he would make it all better. He'd heal any hurts. He would be perfect. But now after spending a lot of time in prayer and in Phillipians, I realize that only Jesus is perfect. HIS LOVE IS ENOUGH. And so I started working on burying myself deep within Him, and keeping Him within me. When that change happend I realized two things. One: I want to do missions for the rest of my life. As a christian, it is my calling. Two: If I'm doing missions, I dont want a husband and kids! I don't want the idea of someone missing me back home. And I don't want to force someone to come along with me.

So maybe I did a complete 180 and that's not healthy either. The point is: I don't want to get married anymore. If it happens... it happens. But I'm content just being with my Lord.

No comments: