Random thoughts at LaCantera

I'm at LaCantera right now peoplewatchingreadingbukowskiwritinginmygoldleafedpagediary.
But really I'm not doing any of those things. I'm thinking I guess. I could have done that at home but I'm glad I'm doing it here.

My thoughts inspired by LaCantera:

1. I'm terribly confused and inspired by the children I see roaming the mall allys.
Children = ten to fourteen years old.
Maybe I'm just bitter. I wasn't allowed to be in public without my parents till I was a junior in highschool.
Earlier than Blessie was allowed... but still very late.

2. Every 15 minutes the a public announcement is made that some author will be somewhere sometime this afternoon to sign some book that has something to do with barbecue sauce. I wish it was someone I cared about.  "Tori Spelling is here to give hugs and kisses and maybe even sign a copy of her bestseller, Mommyhood for you." or "Your true love will meet you at the bottom of the escalator in 15 minutes." And suddenly I'm reminicent of this time last year when I was so obsessed with autobiographies.

3. Is it OK to come to Barnes and Noble just to read? I feel like I'm stealing from the store and the authors if I just read the book while I'm here. Hmmm....

4. I wonder where Jesus would go to pray if He lived now-a-days. Someone recently asked me why I'm always at the park. And I was cheeky and said thats WJWD (what Jesus would do). And then I thought about it... He probably would always be at the park.. He was always on that hill praying ya know? But maybe he would adapt to this culture and pray.... somewhere else.

5.I can see these people's problems. I can see the brokenness. To my left is a gaggle of skinny-minny high school girls reading dieting tips from a magazine whoms editor I would like to kill. On my way in I passed a woman faintly smelling of baby vomit. Her tummy was round; still working off the weight she gained during her pregnancy. Makeup smeared under her eyes. No baby. Postpartum depression? Pray for her. I see a white haired cane baring lady... alone. Who wants to be alone with their thoughts? That's why I'm blogging. A man and his daughter have passed me several times. They haven't said one word to each other or even looked at each other. I know it's awkward, but just hug her! She won't push you away. Don't push him away.

Alright. Now I'm annoying myself. Back to Deepak Chopra.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for pimping me out! =)

...glad someone is reading my blog, I cant even tell anymore, because somehow i disabled the comment section. so I NEVER get comments anymore..haa.

also, I like that you go to la cantera and think. Thats your thinking place, i believe we all need one. just one place that is not our rooms and not our house, just somewhere distant but familiar, a place with memories and comfort...to clear our thoughts. just saying

Sosina said...

you da best, biscuit.
thats exactly why i go there!
and also eisenhower park.. depending on whether i want to be alone with my thoughts.

distant but familiar...