2010

Oh 2010, you arrived like a triumphant blowing of a french horn. Proudly exclaiming you were so OVER the double 00s (2003 2005 2009) but really the only thing special about you was smug little 1 nestling itself right inbetween the two BFFs that for the past 9 years have sat next to each other on every document, newspaper, and email. And for that I applaud you. You did the one thing many numbers have not yet done. You number 1, were the first. In honor of your homewrecking abilities, I will commemorate my favorite thing about each month in this fabulous year.

-My passion for missions fully began January 29th at STiM1.
-Year1991 said to February "Ok you get one more." Feb chose carefully, pointed at me, and I was born the last day in the last hour of the shortest month.
-March forth toward April because nothing exciting happens in March!
-Not only does April mean May flowers but it meant discovering the person I am isn't so bad.
-I used up May sittin' shotgun in a golden Pontiac eating bonbons and laughing at the moon.
-I fell in love in June, for the first time and for the last time [inagoodway!].
-July was spent chasing my chicita, Naomi, up and down the hills of Mexico City.
- Uhhhh I went back to school in August.
-September brought Patty Grilled Cheese, Love Actually, and my first 3 shooting stars.
-In October 2010, I watched the LOTR trilogy in its entire in one entire day.
-My BFF jumped out of a plane this November; and it was monumental to me for some vicarious reason.
-In December, I celebrated my Mom's birthday with her for the first time in 11 years.
2011, you got a lot to live up to! Don't worry you can do it. 
And HEY! I'm watching you 1, you popped in all sneaky between 00 and now your taking over. 
The year after you is 2012! Don't get any ideas 2111! I'm not ready for you yet!

No comments: