Kids Song Are Cool, But Scripture Speaks For Itself

I fondly remember cupping my pointer finger in Sunday school singing "let it shine. let it shine. let it shine." back then that meant the big-bad-devil is gonna come try to blow out my light; and im not gonna let him; im not even gonna hide it! if only i knew where i put that light. wait a second, i never had a light. how is my finger a light? does everyone else know where their light is? oh i shouldnt say anything so i dont embarrass myself. let it shine let it shine let it shine.

Now that means something completely different to me. 
It's life and death. It's the Jaws, Bourne Identity, Taken, and Saw VI manifested in everyday life.

The Bible says:
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim 
to know Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie. But 
if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have 
fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus 
purifies us from all sin. We know that we truly know 
God, if we keep His commands. Whoever says, 
“I know him,” but does not do what he commands 
is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. God's love
 is truly made complete if we obey Him.


So if we know Him, we love Him? If we love Him, we obey Him? 
So if we don't obey him, we don't love Him? And if we don't love Him, we don't even know Him?


No wonder the Bible also says this.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the 
kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of 
my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on 
that day, ‘Lord, Lord, I did all my deeds in your name!’ 
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’


Not only is our God loving and merciful but he is 
jealous (for things that capture our love) and just.


Thats scary. No. That's comforting.

No comments: