A Poem: I Disagree, Mr. Frost

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life
... It goes on." said Mr Frost as he took my hand helping me scale that snowy bank.
I disagree.
Like a galloping horse to a familiar farmhouse, life halts.

You came with a hammer and a nail promising
halls and yellow walls and a cabinet in which I'll hang my heart.
Oh lover, what was that hammer for? 
Tell me you were distracted (by my naive eyes
not your your lies, in the picture
you meant to hang) so you miss swung.
That you cut your hands
fighting through the cabinet's
falling glass,
flailing to catch my heart before it plummeted...
onto your hammer... repeatedly.

Mr. Frost, just as sure as we are stopped
in this woods pondering which road to take, life too stops surely.
He nodded his hopeful head and continued right.
I went left and for his sake, I pray our outcomes differ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa. brilliant. I missed your poetry. You inspire me to write more, serena!