Fijance

I have a little nickname for Lee. I call him my Fijance. I think it's cute. Lee doesn't love it. He prefers fiance because.... WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!!
Where he popped the question the morning after.


A proposal story:

On Saturday morning I had a list of things to do including clean my car and straighten my frizzy hair. Lee had other plans. He texted me to have an overnight bag packed and ready to go by 5! I had been expecting a proposal for a while now. So I threw a "proposal dress" (The dress I imagined blowing in the wind as Lee got down on one knee.) and some bangin jewelry to wear on Sunday (the day I assumed he was going to propose.)

We began to drive and quickly I realized where we were going. Barksdale, TX, Lee's hometown! I was glad because I LOVE going there. I fell asleep and enjoyed the rest of the ride dreaming up how he was gonna pop the big question! A few hours later, we pull up to his Mom's house around 8pm. She quickly hands us flashlights and Lee says "we need to go find your present". (My birthday was a few days before).
A small fraction of the beautiful lights that lit our way.
And then I see it.... His Mom lives on a farm of about 15 acres. Throughout the farm I see about 50 lights all leading up to this (appearingly) huge lighted structure. I said "let's go there"! At this point I had everything figured out. Lee said he didn't have much money to spend on my birthday so what he had to give me was free: a prayer walk. As we walked guided by the lanterns lighting our way, we stopped at four different prayer stations.

Station 1:
Thanksgiving: Take turns thanking God for ways He created each other.

Station 2:
Confession: On a rock, write ways you have hurt one another.
Then spend time asking God to help you  to not do that in the future.
Throw the rock into the field symbolizing that your leaving the hurt in the past.
We had a competition to see how far we could throw our rock. Lee won!

Station 3:
We spent the most time at this station taking turns praying
for one another. It was my favorite part of the whole proposal!

Station 4:

At this point I was ready to run towards the place sparkling with lights. But we took our time walking by the lit up river. Lee started telling me how  much he cares about me and how special I was to him. We finally arrived at what I then knew was a tree with about 30 lights hanging from it's branches. Next to the tree was this bench, table, and picnic basket filled with grape juice, bread, and chocolates. I sat down and he poured me a juice.
Then Lee was getting really antsy. He pulled my juice away from me and told me to go stand under the princess tree. I went and stood under it and Lee stood behind me. I turned around and he quickly turned around too, still behind me. (I now know he was pulling out the ring.) He then grabbed me and pulled me really close and started to dance with me. He said some really special (but private) things to me. Then he got down on his cute little knee and said "Sosina Kesewah Haile, Will you marry me?" I remember clapping and then hugging him and sitting down with him (because he was still on his knee). I was so surprised about how beautiful my ring was! I took it out of the box to look at it and handed it to him so he could slip it on my finger. He was so proud of himself for knowing which was the correct hand and finger.

Then we went and sat on the bench again. He told me all about how he planned and executed our engagement. David Han and Cameron, his friends, had drove up to Barksdale that afternoon to put all the lights and signs!   I asked him if I had said "yes!" because I couldn't remember. My sweet finace proposed again so I could say yes and have a memory of it! Then we walked back being all lovey dovey and stuff because it was freezing!

The ring:
My ring is perfect. Lee had it specially made for me in London which makes us sound all fancy smancy and stuff. We're really not! Lee keeps saying how it's the heaviest ring ever becase he payed for it in pounds. Haha. Its a princess cut solitaire. The band is a twig because  I have an intense tree love and he loves all things nature. We haven't taken a picture yet because we only have iphones. But maybe my photographer Mama will get some later on.


So much thanks to our Mom who made it all happen! She had a hand in everything!


5 comments:

cbrigitte89 said...

Sosi!!! That is possibly the cutest story ever! I am so happy for you honey! I love you and look forward to watching God bless your lives and to see God bless people through yall's lives. AHHH so happy for you! The ring is gorgeous and perfect for your love of trees :) yayayayay!

C4C: Kaleidoscope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C4C: Kaleidoscope said...

Dearest Sosina: Beautiful. We are so so happy for you. You my child are my gem. You are so so loved. Now: As you know God is with you and Lee. As you know I have been praying for Lee and Lee's family members since the day you were birthed. Abba Father, our Papa has smiled as your Mama interceded year after year, month after month (with much love) - for Lee and his family members. So now I exhale. Papa was so kind to let me know where Lee was going to propose so much so that when you called me (as I was waiting most of the day) I blurted out (with the Holy Spirit excitment - you know of me) did Lee propose in the field under your special tree? and you surprised said: "Mama how do you know these things always... Mama you always know; how?". It is because our Glorious Father (God) is so so kind ...He never neglects us. The Holy Spirit truly tell us all. He is our Papa. So.. you and Lee are fully covered. Lee's Mama Tena likewise has prayed..... Lots of love and kisses to you both, Mama

King's daughter said...

Esi, I'm so happy for you and Lee. I thank God for being counted as part of your family and also thank Him for the privilege of watching you grow into this beautiful godly woman. I pray for God's best for you and Lee and know God will always perfect that which concerns you. Love you, Auntie Laura.
P.S
So when is the wedding? Is there a date yet? Let me know.

Jennie said...

Ahhhh congrats, lady!!! That is so exciting!