All I want for Christmas is a Lightbulb

I am the walking testimony that Christmas miracles do not happen. And nooooo this is not anti-Jesus. I believe in miracles. And I do love Jesus and am glad he was brought to life on this day. Yadahhh Yadahh Yadahhh. Disclaimer over.

What I mean is Christmas does not magically make everything better. Christmas season is like a drug. A "euphoriac". Everybody is enticed by Christmas and fooled to think that peace and happiness can truly happen.
Reality is: Christmas is just another day. Sure, we receive presents that we didn't ask for and will return later. Sure, family comes over to eat your food, fight, and snoop in your medicine cabinet.

But Christmas is not some magical day that repairs broken hearts and broken promises.
Actually its just the opposite. What Christmas season does offer is HOPE. You make Christmas wishes for reconciliation and love. Your hope is strong and uplifting. But that hope is only to be crushed as the Big Day comes closer. We'd be better off without the hope. Which is why I (Sosina Scrooge) am warning ya'll. Don't get to caught up in all this holiday falderal. Sing less carols, roast less chestnuts, and please, for the love of Jesus, skip the obnoxious lights on your front tree.
(obviously I'm not having a good day, week, month, or holiday. sorry if I offend.)



Lightbulb Moment:
Oh and I have an idea for this blog, which I admit has been pretty pathetic. It'll start soon. Promise.

No comments: