Hope?

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles!



This verse was supposed to give me HOPE through a really bad breakup. But I almost feel like it took my hope away.

Silly as it sounds, every year I have a new "idea" I like to push on people. 2007 it was JOY. 2008 it was UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. 2009 I have been focused on HOPE. (Nothing to do with Obama though.) So all year I've had this amazing amount of hope running through my veins. I had wishes and dreams and with those came pure hope. So I'm going through a hard time right now. I'm still 100% full of joy that I pull straight from the King of Kings himself. And I still feel a powerful love for those who I feel have wronged me through this difficult time. But I've lost the hope... At one point I felt like I had it! Until I read Isaiah 40:31 and realize what I had was desperation and not hope. I dont feel like I am on the wings of eagles...
So I wrote a silly little poem on my lunch break at work.

If hope lives on the wings of eagles
then I will climb into the branches of a tree.
Because I need to SEE this.
So I'm waiting on this cliff.
Waiting.
Waiting.
And I jump-- and we're soaring!
Nestled between two grand shoulder blades,
tapioca and brown colored feathers
tickle my bare legs,
stick out from my curls,
and make my nose wiggle with sneezy anticipation.
BUT I WILL NOT BE BOTHERED!
I look to the left.
I search on the right.
But there is no hope here.
I'm just a fool with no way down.

No comments: