Memoirs.

"Loss and possession, Death and life are one. There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

There has been a lot of loss in my life lately. Among the loss, I've had two people that I care deeply about pass away.

Esther: I only met you once but you have been my friend for six years. I've known you healthy and I've known you sick. I've heard your story one time, two times, sixty times. I've laughed when I knew you were laughing (as you often did in life) and I've cried when you were laughing in heaven. You were such a joyful spirit; your smile was brighter than the smile of a bride at her bachelorette party! From now on you will always be an inspiration to me. Tell Jesus I'm coming!

Nana Stella: I remember spending the night at your house so that you could take me to Sea World the next morning. But sometime before I fell asleep I got scared and asked my mom to come pick me up. You cried. I wish I had stayed the night because it would have given me one more night with you! I love you so much. The advice you gave me on whom I should marry "MAKE SURE HE'S JEWISH!", may not be followed to a T but I will always have a love and a passion for all things Jewish because of you. I'll remember you every Hanukkah.

But amongnst the death something amazing has happened. 18 years ago my dad and his brother got in a fist fight. My mom was pregnant with me and planned to name me Rachelle. But my uncle said "NO! I call that name for my future daughter." A silly all-in-fun fist fight occurred and obviously my uncle won, for my name is Sosina. But yesterday July 7, 2009, Rachel Haile was born!

Rachel: The moment I saw your face I wanted to grab you and put you in a closet or something to keep you safe! I never want you to be of this world. Remember that you are only IN it. You are God's child. I love you so much already. You're beautiful and don't ever feel that you're not. I'm here to protect you and guide you for the rest of your life. I can't wait till your old enough so that we can sit and have coffee and talk about Harry Potter. I love you Tigger!

No comments: