Life Plans!

       As a college student, I run frantically from one "uh-oh" to the next. "Uh-oh, my alarm clock didnt go off." "Uh-oh, I forgot my umbrella at the apartment." "Uh-oh, my roomate is upset with me." And suddenly my day is gone.
       Then my week is gone. Then my month. It becomes, "Uh-oh midterms are tomorrow." This is when the perfectionist in me collides with the dreamer.
       Oh the plans I had made! 2 hours of studying with thirty minute breaks inbetween, repeat, repeat, all weekend. Should I still shoot for that A, going over every note and then (if it's not four A.M. by that time) attempt to read and retain all details in the book? Do I give up that idea and instead make sure I hit each chapter's key points, aiming for a C?
       Either way is a compromise. Neither way will be what I had origninally hoped.
       What a contrast I am to my heavenly Father. "In perfect faithfulness [He has] done marvelous things, things planned long ago" (Isa. 25:1). He doesn't get sidetracked by our everyday emergencies, though is always there to tend to our needs. He doesn't run out of time. He doesnt cancel plans at the last minute and settle for less than He had hoped.
       The Lord has blessed me as an idealist, optimist, and dreamer. He is not finished with me. It's good to know that "he who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion" (Phil 1:6).

And it wont be a rush job.

No comments: