So Much Movement Happens In Stillness

Life. is. too. still. right. now.
But I really shouldn't be complaining.

Do y'all remember that game called Perfection?
 Yes? Awesome. No? Ok so here's the gist of it. You
 have 25 tiny shapes you need to place in their specific
 holes in 60 seconds. The whole time this obnoxious
 timer is clickticksnickwicking and your heart is racing
 and youre hands are shaking and if only if only you
 could just find the star
 ~POP~
 the game board somehow springs and all the pieces
 are all over the place and you've gotta start over. But 
sometimes 60 seconds is too generous. You place that
 last diamond shape into it's space and you realize you still
 have about 15 seconds left. So you wait... And the whole
 waiting period is accompanied by that tocking of the
 timer but this time it doesn't bother you so much because
 youre done racing, you're simply waiting.
 
That's how I feel right now. Everything fits. Everything in 
my life is falling into place. Perfect relationship. Perfect friends. 
Perfect family. Perfect summer. But the catch is, even 
though you got all the pieces in on time, the game still POPS 
and all your perfect little pieces are blasted onto the
 floor or table or bed whathaveyou. 

I leave for Mexico June 16th. I'm hoping that's not the 
POP in my perfect little life. But if it is, Bring it on. I can do 
all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Ah remember how annoying these commercials were. Or how wonderful????

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

they don't make commercials like they used ta.