Date Day.

Today was one of my infamous whimsical days [June 2]. 
My first one in June, but my second one this week.

I traveled relatively far until I found a park I had never been
too before. Which is quite a feat for me, Queen of The Park. 
I was armed with the necessities: sesame chicken, sweet tea,
a useless camera, the holy bible, and (not pictured)
a knife for protection purposes. 

I think my stomach shrunk during the fast because 
I can't eat as much as I used too. I took a couple bites, 
deserted my chicken, and looked for something whimsical to do.

I decided that sitting on the table was whimsical 
and appropriate for a picnic. So I did.

[No one could tell me to keep my feet away from the food!]

Next, I remembered my purpose for the day. 
So I spent a good two hours texting, praying, and
Psalms37ing. I'm a proud
 IPrayButNeverReadMyBibleDuringQuietTimeser, 
but there's some serious power in accompanying the
Word of God with the voice of God. And thus, an epiphany.
 My bible is totally inadequate for my needs.
Example: Accompanying Psalms 37 is a little blurb about how
"the desires of your heart" may not mean acing a test
or getting a cute boy to like you. Immediately, I left and bought
 myself a Women's Study Bible. Not only is the bottom half
of the pages filled with all sorts of knowledge and stuffs
but THE BIBLE WAS HALF OFF Y'ALL. Jeez, you
know you're Intervarsity when you love a good deal on all things holy.
[Me rocking the side pony and being a proud mama of my Whimsical Day Purchases.]

 Feeling whimsical, I headed off  to do what I do best. 
Affirm and encourage! 
With a pocket full of ripped up envelopes bearing
secret messages, I headed to Barnes and Nobles. I decided that
since my life is so full of joy that I should let that seep
onto the pages of some books. So I left 
my mediocre notes in eating disorder help books. 


 I have a peculiar bookpicking exercise. It takes me about
an hour and a half to choose 5 books. I've been told 
[and told and told yet I choose to ignore and ignore and ignore]
that old saying "Don't choose a book by it's cover".
Yet that is precisely what I do. 
That's not meant to be taken literally anyways, right? 
Next, I compare prices and the frugal fraggle in me buys the
cheapest book. I ended up with Push by Sapphire. It happens
 to be the book that the movie Precious is based on. I was
deprived of that knowledge when I bought the book, 
but nevertheless the book was goooood. 
[Sigh, I finished it already, I don't know why I don't just get
a library card.] 

The rest of the day went very quickly. I kept it
whimsical and I ate escargot [pictured above] for the first time.
 It tasted like garlic and pesto. Perhaps because it was
smothered by garlic and pesto. I'd eat it again if it
wasn't for my inner voice screaming
SLUGGGGGGGGGG
Then I literally screamed because the
power went out, causing everyone in the restaurant
to gawk at me. I ended up driving home in the absence of 
traffic lights, street lamps, and rain.
But the lightening made up for all that. 
Even the storm was keeping it whimsical.

No comments: