Learning...

Lessons learned in June. [ALREADY, I know!!!]

1. God is faithful. Count on Him. And only Him. In the
 first week of April I made the decision to fast until June 1, 2010.
I wanted to give it all to God and show that I can totally rely on
 him for provision. Basically, I stopped eating meat, prayed,
 and hoped my team would be fully funded to go on our
various missionary trips by the deadline. I got an email last
night sayingthat we were still $9,300 short. I felt discouraged.
Well today, I ate meat. Mr. Morgan made eggs and bacon for 
breakfast and I forced them down. It is ironic because I don't ever eat 
baby animals (eggs) or pigs (in any form). So for the first day 
of my fast being over, I ate things I usually wouldn't
 eat anyways. But then my second mama, Tena,  bought me a
 cheeseburger at Sisters (a really cute country burger place
 in Barksdale). Which was seriously THE BEST burger 
I ever ate. Maybe it has something to do with not having had 
one in a couple months ;) [Funny blurb: my mom fixed me 
a huge plate of meat on May 31 because she thought it was June. 
Shes amazing. Didn't eat it, but still appreciated.] Also today, I got
 another email saying that $9,300 has dropped to ZERO. 
My heavenly Father kept His promises.l He is so so good.My 
team is FULLY FUNDED! We raised enough money to go to 
Milan, Mexico City, Kolkutta, etc! Praise the Lord!
2. Things in San Antonio aren't in other cities. Nah, I don't mean 
"whaaat there's no HEBs here?" What I'm getting at is very 
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. Recently I felt as if I was in 
Manderley, trying to figure out what happened to Monte Carlo[???]. 
Sometimes your mind screams "I'm DONE. I CAN'T. I HATE." But 
your heart is screams "I LOVE. I CARE. I'm NOT." It's all about 
drowning those sounds with the voice of God. His sheep will hear 
His voice. [John 10:17] Sometimes it's not about trusting God when 
the situation is good. Sometimes it's not about trusting God when 
the situation is bad. Sometimes it is about trusting God when that 
wasn't the situation at all.

3. My life is crazy and unexplainable. I'm dumb and 
annoying and emotional. I'm too loud and too shy. 
I laugh at inappropriate times and I cry lots. I don't
 like everyone no matter how hard I try. I curse when I'm 
really upset. I forget important things. I'm too young but I think
 I'm wise beyond my years. I'm wrong. Alladatime. But I'M
 WORTH IT. Hey, so are you:) You're a daughter [or son] of 
God and YOU are so worth it. 

No comments: