This Time Last Year

This time last year I...
1. began eating meat (June 1, 2010).
2. finally admitted to anyone who would listen that I was in L O V E. (June 7, 2010)
3. left for Mexico City and changed my life forever. (June 16, 2010)


Speaking of Mexico... 
I've been reminiscing on some moments there and I'd like to post them here.

I remember...
me and my roommate/sister, Sarah would always refer to ourselves as "we" even if we meant just one of us.
Sarah ordered enchiladas negras at TOKS and it was the most disgusting thing ever so we scooped some of my salsa onto it.
my brother David's eyes when he admitted his past drug problem to the naive missioneras.
feeling apathetic and lost and annoyed and wishing I was excited and faithful and loving.
saying "don't trust us. we're emotionally unstable."
my Papi told us me he was really really going to miss me after I ran around the house pretending to ber Buz Lightyear.
all the times I got caught buttnaked. Sigh.
swinging around my babygirl and hoping she knew I loved her.
winning the "who cried the most" award when we said goodbye to our families.

I know anybody who reads this won't understand 
why these moments were are my life. 
I've realized I don't talk about Mexico enough except
 for here and here
So in this month of June that's going to change!

No comments: